7 Reasons Why High End Photography Saves You Money
Recently, I was hired to photograph a very nice property at the Mauna Kea Beach Resort on the Big Island of Hawaii that had been photographed already by another photographer. Once Concierge Auctions was hired to sell the home via auction they needed to take on the extra expense of rephotographing the home because the images were poor quality and did not live up to the standards of their marketing team etc. Concierge Auctions knows the power of high quality images, it is what sets them apart from other companies even though the costs are seemingly higher upfront. Concierge Auctions’ cutting edge marketing and technology garners the highest average sales price in the industry having sold $2 Billion dollars of real estate in the $2.5 to $20 Million range.
After searching the Internet for another photographer they found my website and thus hired me to photograph the Mauna Kea Resort property.
Here are 7 Reasons Why High End Photography Saves You Money:
1. “Silent” costs, potential customers may not list their property with you if the imagery used in your prior listings are poor. Take a look at Concierge Auctions Website! The images they use to showcase the properties they represent is second to none! http://www.conciergeauctions.com
Here is the Mauna Kea Beach Resort property I photographed http://web2.conciergeauctions.com/62-3459-aloalii-place-kamuela-hawaii
2. Potential buyers will ignore poorly photographed properties. In recent months my images have led to several offers on properties sight unseen. Why allow a qualified buyer to miss your listing?
3. Having to reshoot a home because the photography was not of high enough quality for luxury real estate publications. Having to reshoot a home cost more in marketing dollars and time, both of which are limited, and in this case included contact with Mauna Kea Resort for permission to photograph the golf course, tennis courts and world famous Mauna Kea Beach, restaging of the home and coordination with the house manager.
4. The photographer does not have General Liability insurance and something breaks during a shoot. One agent told me about a $100,000 Italian hand blow glass decoration that a photographer broke during a photo shoot. I have up to $2,000,000 in General Liability insurance. Why take that risk?
5. Efficiency and getting the job done in a timely matter or making promised deadlines. What good are your images if you do not get them in time for printing of the marketing materials for your listing and posting on MLS? Concierge Auctions needed the images in 48 hours. My assistant and I photographed the home for 13 hours and provided the images on time. Payment was taken via a major credit card and the high resolution images were provided via the internet.
6. Having contracts and other paperwork in place so everyone is in agreement about the execution of the imagery including types of licenses, agreed upon shoot list, photography checklist etc. Businesses and individuals these days have slightly lower budgets for marketing etc, my aim is to produce the best images backed by the best pricing and service available. Knowing up front the different types of image usage such as a full buyout, exclusive vs. non exclusive etc. can potentially save the client money and all of these things can be spelled out and negotiated prior to contracting.
7. Lower the costs of photography by suggesting and putting together shared contracts for multiple parties. Read My Blog post on sharing costs http://www.ethantweedie.com/quality-photography-reflects-your-business/
If you are looking for a professional photographer to provide excellent luxury real estate/architectural imagery that will set you apart from your competitors please give me a call. I would be happy to provide a site visit and estimate.
You may reach me at:
If you live outside the Hawaiian Islands you can find other professional photographers by searching this site.